Thursday, July 04, 2013

A little exercise

Let me take you back to your childhood. Think of an outdoor location that was special to you as a child, a place in the natural world that was and still is close to your heart, a place with cherished memories or where you had a significant experience. For me, I think of a holiday cottage owned by my extended family on the upper Allyn River in the Barrington Tops, and in particular a spectacular bathing hole nearby called Ladies Wells where as kids we spent many hours swimming, jumping off rocks, watching waterfalls and playing with smooth river stones.

What about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just brought back a bunch of good memories for me. I visited there with you 20+ years ago. I remember visiting your relatives in Newcastle on the way and staying at your grandmothers where we played a card game that involved collecting oil barons, bankers etc. The water was way too cold for my skin and bones, I think the swim ended abruptly when you (or possibly Murray) sustained an injury to your leg.
Thanks for reminding me.
Alastair

byron smith said...

Hey Alastair - Thanks for sharing! I don't remember the specifics of the injury, but I do remember playing cards with you and my siblings at my grandmother's place.