Thursday, October 04, 2007

Hope: God sees the world upside down


H/T Frank. A simple idea, but quite effective.

However, to speak of hope, we must speak of Christ crucified. This is what turns the world upside down:

Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

- 1 Corinthians 1.22-25

6 comments:

::aaron g:: said...

Interesting twist.

Benjamin Ady said...

I like the video.

You know you can avoid all those annoying extra little thumbnail videos showing up at the end of your embedded video by inserting "&rel=0" (sans the quote marks) at the end of the address for the video within the embed code. The address occurs twice in the embed code, and you have to add it at the end of each.

If you care =)


You rock

Benjamin

Jill said...

It was nice to meet you in person yesterday - bizarre circumstances. I hope I didn't interrupt your meeting too much, but I was glad to have the opportunity to tell you how much I've been encouraged by your blog,

Thanks for your consistent honesty in sharing, and for stimulating me to think harder about my faith

Jill

byron smith said...

Jill - it was lovely to meet you. Yes, it was indeed bizarre: such a technological random meeting with blogs and SMS, but then also due to my locking myself out of the office. Thanks for sharing a little of your story too. Peace.

Rick said...

That was GREAT!!!

My blog is not so inspiring - but entertaining - I hope.

He is Lord!!!

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

byron smith said...

Rick - you've got some interesting pictures on your site. Thanks for the link.